Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pleasing in His sight...


I'm not sure where I got this from or who originally wrote it, so forgive me whoever you are. I give you anonymous credit.

"'Alas! Must I rock the baby? Wash its diapers? Make it's bed? Smell its stench? Stay at nights with it? Take care of it when it cries? Heal its rashes and sores? And on top of that care for my spouse... take care of this and take care of that? Do this and do that? And, endure this and endure that? Why should I make such a prisoner of myself?'

What then does Christian faith say to this? It opens its eyes, looks unto all these insignificant, distateful and despised duties in the spirit, and is aware that they are all adorned with divine approval as with the costliest gold and jewels.

It says, ' O God, I confess I am not WORTHY to rock that little babe or wash its diapers, or to be entrusted with the care of a child... How is it that I without any merit have come to this distinction of being certain that I am serving thy creature and they most precious will? Oh, how gladly will I do so. Though the duty shoud be even more insignificant and despised, neither frost nor heat, neither drudgery nor labor will distress me FOR I AM CERTAIN THAT IT IS THUS PLEASING IN THY SIGHT.'"

No comments: