Thursday, August 18, 2011

Anger (guest post)

photo © karimcgrathphotography 2011


Anger
By Myra

Everyone gets angry,and I mean everyone. Have you ever felt like you could never forgive? I have. These to two boys were not being nice to me recently,and I felt so angry that I thought I could never forgive them. But I realize anger does not solve anything. It just makes us hate,and not be ourselves. I was so angry at those boys, and I prayed that I would be able to forgive and I prayed and prayed and God made my heart soften. So...I might still think what they did was wrong but I forgive them, and I bet I might get angry at them again but I will turn to God not to my own flesh. If you feel angry at someone then I know some really good verses for you. "The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love,forgiving iniquity and transgression,but he will by no means clear the guilty,visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children,to the third and the fourth generation." Proverbs 16:32 "Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty and he who rules his spirit than he who takes the city." And, lastly, Nahum 1:3 "The Lord is slow to anger and great in power... " So, when you are angry turn to God he will soften your heart.

No comments: