Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Good (and cheaper!) Cup O Joe!


I love those expensive coffee shops...but these days, it comes as a very special treat! I try to schedule photography meetings there, so I can write it off as a business expense! :) But, other than that, rarely can I afford the price or the calories! :) I've been experimenting with my coffee at home. Now, I LOVE coffee with heavy cream...no, not half and half, but the real stuff! :) However, my waist and other body parts do NOT love heavy cream! I still have it as an occassional treat...my favorite is coffee with 1/4 cup heavy cream, 2 tbsp. honey, and a dash of cinnamon--Cafe De Miele. However, that is off limits for me right now!


But, this morning, I made a good cup of coffee I wanted to share with you.


6 oz. strong brewed coffee

1/4 cup 1% milk

1 tbsp. cocoa powder (unsweetened)

4 tbsp. sugar-free (splenda) English Toffee Syrup ( I used Torani)

2 tbsp. light whipped cream to top (pressurized can)


I figured out it is about 65 calories! You could use any type of syrup here...caramel, vanilla, hazelnut, creme de menthe..mmmm! The cost comparison...well, no figures here, but I can tell you it did NOT cost me $3.95! :) And, at S___, a tall nonfat mocha (no whipped cream) would run you about 170 calories! So, have your cup o Joe, and have a great day! :)

No comments: