"...When did I start seeing children as commonplace and stop seeing motherhood as a holy place?...children never for us, to please us, to fulfill us, but I am for her, to nurture and protect and serve and children are the gift and parents are the ones who give..." (Anne Voskamp)
On this, my 35th birthday, I realize God has given me so many gifts...and this blog post (link above) reminded me how thankful I am to have my children. Some days are hard, some days seem long, but as she said in that post.."I get to do this!" What a blessing I have been given. And, today, I am so thankful for my sweet family, my amazing husband, my sweet children. I am blessed!
196. rainy days
197. snuggle time in the mornings with my kids
198. homemade birthday cards
199. milky way lattes (thanks, honey!)
200. carbs on my birthday :)
201. 4 more pounds gone!
202. sweet birthday messages on my phone
203. crazy chipmunk birthday songs that make me laugh (thanks, Cari!)
204. movie time with my kiddos
206. friends who "spur me on"
208. knowing we're not alone in this race
209. five days away with my husband
210. peace in the midst of a storm
211. fresh, clean "baby" (4 year old) smell after a bath and lotion
213. a faithful husband
214. a 4 year old boy who loves "my beautiful lips" and wants to marry me-I will enjoy it while it lasts :)
216. humility being lived out before me
217. red barns and snow in Wisconson
218. spring in the air
219. grace, unending grace
220. a God who never changes, He is ever faithful