Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lessons from the old farmhouse



"Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home!

A charm from the skies seems to hallow us there,

Which, seek through the world, is ne'er met with elsewhere.

Home, home, sweet home!

There's no place like home. "



Lessons from the old farmhouse:


1. We CAN survive without a dishwasher.


2. Being cold will NOT kill us. That's what snuggies are for. :)


3. Free range chickens are the best! We will own our own some day.


4. Being hot in the summer will NOT kill us. People did it for years. Yes, some of them died, but we did not. :)


5. Water in the basement is good...it kills the mice before they get upstairs. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog...I am at a similar place in life..homeschooling and being a stay at home momma. God is always good and teaches us so much as we minister to our little ones. I look forward to reading more.

Kari said...

Thanks for stopping by! It's great to have you join me! God IS good, and full of grace for our seasons of life. I hope my life, in some small way, can be an encouragement to you to know you are not alone on this journey! I'm so thankful God has allowed me to stay at home with my children. It has not always been easy, but I wouldn't trade it. I'm still learning, still growing, still seeking Him for grace and some days joy! Still learning to trust Him when I cannot see.