Thursday, March 22, 2007

Holding Fast to Sound Doctrine






I am coming to the realization that there is more and more out there to pull us away from truth. From blogging with Emergent church seekers to hearing too many women "love" Joyce Meyers, I am feeling God prodding my heart in the area of "knowing what I know." What I mean is that I lean alot on Shane for answers. Someone asks me something and I say, "I don't know, I'll ask Shane." Although that is one role my husband should play, as head of our household-and a role I highly respect him in-I am feeling that I need to search these things for myself. Not to come up with a different conclusion, but maybe to have an answer more often. I'm not sure if I have enough brain left, after three children, for this venture, but I think God is stirring my heart to study a Systematic Theology book. I have really felt it heavy on my heart this past week. I want to have an answer for why I believe what I believe. Oh, will Shaney be excited (all of you feel free to call him 'Shaney')! He's been wanting me to study this book for some time, but I just haven't been ready. I'd tell you the name of the book, but I can't even remember it! ( I suppose it doesn't look like I'm off to a good start, but at least I'm honest about it!) I'll keep you updated on this.....

No comments: