Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's An Actual Real Post!


Hey, all my bloggerland friends. Look! It's a real post...not a "...pictures are up on my photo blog" post! Amazing! :) Wow. It's been a busy...while! And, I still have a bit of business left and then things slow down..well, do they really, because the holidays are coming? Maybe not, but they will slow down a bit perhaps.

Wow. Life has been good. We have been doing good in school this year. Today Myra got to go with my friend, Susan, to hear a weatherman from Lexington speak. She said she liked it but didn't understand most of it! So, I asked her what was the one thing she learned, and she replied that "Floods are the killerest of all the weather things that happen." I thought that was a good description! :) ha!

We're continuing our study of early American history and have now ventured into the Little House on the Prarie book, which we are totally stoked about. (that's a So. Cal. phrase for those of you Kentuckians!) Myra loves the movies, and so she's been a bit concerned that the books don't follow the movie that close. I think she's concerned that someone wrote the books wrong, because "Jack was not a bulldog!" But, yes, in the books, he is. And, Pa has a beard. That one just blew her away! :)

Myra has been doing some geometry in her math lately. (do they really start this in third grade? GEEZ!) But, she's been doing very well in it. Lizzie is working on her addition and subtraction skills, which Myra keeps saying is SO EASY, but I keep reminding Myra that it wasn't so easy for her a few years ago.

Lizzie is continually having to be reminded that she is a GIRL and that is a wonderful thing! She loves to be dirty, climb things, wear jeans, and be rough. But, she also continues to constantly bring us laughter!

We have now added some home ec. to our week (on top of what we normally do) and this past week we learned how to PROPERLY set a table and learned the rules of the kitchen. Soon, we will be doing some unit studies on ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and...something else. I'm feeling too lazy to get up and look!

Nehemiah is talking more and more. He went through a few weeks of being the sweetest angel...but has reverted a bit to acting like a normal two year old. But, that's to be expected. He's still alot of fun and ALL boy. His favorite thing is cars!

Myra, the other day, came to me and said..."Mom, am I allowed to say 'What the h_ _ l?' I quickly replied that that was not an appropriate thing to say and that it was cursing. She immediately started bawling and asked my forgiveness because that day at our CHURCH function, she walked around a corner and saw some kids spraying their hair purple and blurted out with the above statement! To which her friend, that was with her, quickly replied "OOHHH, you said the h_e_l_l curse word!" She said "mommy, I didn't know, I didn't know." Apparently she heard it on one of our family friendly movies that I had let her watch. (really, I hadn't seen it in awhile and didn't know, folks) It took everything in me to not fall on the floor laughing, picturing my sweet daughter blurting that out at the church function. Oh well, might as well be a pastor's kid! I kept laughing about that one all day, but did tell her that God knew she didn't know and that He forgave her and that from now on she was responsible if she ever said it again. That didn't seem to offer her much comfort, however, because she was so broken over the fact that she had cursed. Later in the day, Nehemiah pulled down an antique plate I had hanging on my wall and it broke, and she looked at me and said, "I know why our day is cursed!" :) hee, hee...poor girl! :)

Well, on a more serious note, last night I had my first NILMDTS call. So, I spent a few hours at the hospital with our area coordinator. She was amazing, and I was so blessed to be able to go and shadow her. Please pray for this young mother who has lost a child. It was an honor to go photograph this little one and bless this mother with these pictures. God was with me, and it went amazingly well. I didn't cry (and I cry over EVERYTHING). My stomach was in knots for several hours before I left, but once there, I had such a peace. I got in there and did what I needed to do to bless this family. They are in my heart, and always will be, I'm sure. I thank God for this organization and the opportunity to use these gifts He's given me to reach out to those who are hurting.

Don't mean to end this on a sad note, just to catch everyone up on life lately.

Oh, and HAPPY 35th BIRTHDAY to my wonderful husband Shane tomorrow! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life these past 13 years. I love you so much and thank God everyday -(except on the days you get on my nerves!) :)-for you! Even on those days, I know that there is no one else who could fulfill me the way you do. Here's to every day I have had with you and every day I have yet to come! :) xoxoxo

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow,you have been busy. That is an awesome thing you do for those hurting parents. Kids can be so funny, you little girl reminds me of mine, tenderhearted. And Happy Birthday to Shane!