Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Years!


Well, I want to extend a "Happy New Years" to all of you. I can't believe another year has flown by us. As I think back on this past year, I have many emotions...mostly I am so thankful for God's grace, thankful for how we've grown in our walk with Him, thankful for all of His provisions, thankful for overall health for our family, and I'm looking forward to what this year has in store.


On the blog end, I was not so "dedicated" this year. Part of that was the fact that I started working this year for the first time since I had kids. It was a very busy year, in that aspect, and as we are thankful to God for providing so much work for me, we are looking forward to a bit calmer of a year, in this area. This year, God-willing, I will be working as an associate photographer for DeannaKaye Photography in Louisville. This will change things alot, but mostly it will provide a way for me to still work, still doing photography, but not having to bring my work home. It will free up a lot more time to be "home" when I'm home, if that makes sense. We thank God for this open door for me. And, although it has been a lot of thought about the struggle of giving up control of the editing, pricing, etc...we know this will be better for our family.


So, because of that, I'm hoping to have more time to do things I've missed doing this year, like blogging. Now, this is no "New Years' Resolution"..I know better! I'm sure it might come and go with the seasons of this next year. But, I have some ideas! :) I was thinking back, and one of the posts I still get alot of comments on was the "photo" sneak peek into my world I did...just pictures of everyday life here, from a creative view. It was fun for me, and fun for many of you. So, that's where I'd like to go more often this year...using my photography to tell "our" story. We'll see! :)


As I look ahead to this New Year, I know God's hands are guiding us and leading us, and so I know I can rest. I know there will be hills and valleys, but I know God has ordained each and every one of them, so we can trust Him for what lies ahead. Life is an adventure. Our walk with God is an adventure. Lead on, God, we will follow. :)

No comments: