Thursday, December 27, 2007

More for the Blessings Journal...




Blessings Journal Post

It's about time to add to my Blessings Journal...to thank the Lord for all His blessings and gifts.

1. I thank the Lord for the people at The Point Community Church. From the love gift to help our moving needs, to all the men who showed up to help us move...to all the ladies who helped me pack and unpack and fixed us meals....to all the prayers for our move...you have shown us your love. We thank the Lord for you, and we extend our personal thanks to you.

2. God provided us a truck as a second car for free! We didn't even ask Him for it or ever think about it. We were just happy to live close to the church with one car! :) We are thankful to the donor...may the Lord bless you.

3. God has provided our needs through various means. From Christmas money from family to personal love gifts, God has continued to amaze us with the generosity of His people. We are thankful for all He has given us.

4. We are thankful for the way we got to leave Crossings. They sent us off with love and a nice Home Depot card! :) We were blessed by their joy in what God is doing in our lives. We are so blessed that we got to be a part of this ministry!

5. There were Christmas gifts for all of us on our front door when we got home from Indy. Since they were labeled "from your friends", we will say thank you to whoever you are. The Lord knows. That was a blessing.

6. We are thankful for our new home. God has truly blessed us. It feels like home, and we know we are very blessed. We are so happy to be near the church...and, need I say it again...close to a grocery store! :)

7. I am thankful that God has heard the desires of my husband's heart and placed him where he has felt called for years. Ten years ago, he told me he had the desire to be an associate pastor, and there is no better feeling than to see your husband's calling being fulfilled. God continues to be faithful, in spite of knowing us and our weaknesses so well! We are thankful for this opportunity to serve His people. May He who called us find us faithful.

8. My mother's cancer is in remission. For that I am so thankful to God. That He has given us more time with her. I am thankful for the work He did in her heart through her cancer. He is a good and gracious God, and I am blessed to have her as my mother for a little while longer!

9. I am thankful for my children. They continue to bless my heart daily. (not that they never drive me a little crazy!) But, they melt my heart with their little kisses and hugs, and I know they are a reward from God.

10. For my husband...to have a husband who loves the Lord and serves Him wholeheartedly is a gift. God gave me more than I ever could have imagined in Shane. He leads our family, he keeps me in line, and he leads us to love the Lord more and more by his personal example. He teaches me correct theology....he protects me from those who try to hurt me....and I am so thankful for all of this....and if I've never mentioned it, he's also extremely good-looking! :)

God has indeed been good to me. He gives good gifts. It's been a good year.

No comments: