Monday, March 23, 2009

My Great Homeschool Artists!

One of the books I bought for art this year was "Discovering Great Artists" by MaryAnn F. Kohl and Kim Solga. We used it more at the beginning of the year, honestly, but really enjoyed it. It's one we will keep using for the next few years or so. :) We studied Matisse one week and did a "Story Color Collage" with tissue paper, white thinned glue and poster board. The idea was for them to make a collage using bright colors and strange shapes. This was hard for my oldest daughter, who is a "realist"...i.e...people should have legs and arms and hair and eyes! :) But, in the end, I was so proud of what they came up with. My little girl always makes me laugh with her artistic renditions! :)
The great artists at work!

The beginning of a masterpiece!

Lizzie's final product....a man running from a flowing volcano! (yes, completely out of her own imagination!) The shape to the left is the ocean with a fish in it. :)


I loved what Myra came up with, after a little struggle with the concept of modern art! Two scenes in one.... A man on the beach with a bird in the air on the left and the woods with a dog and a tree on the right. Voila!

No comments: