Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More For the Blessings Journal...


Well, I thought it was about time to add to my Blessings Journal. (see this post and this post) It's always good to reflect and remember what God has done, and how He has provided. (**Photo above was taken by my dear friend and fellow photographer, Jenneil Harbert, copyright 2008)


Psalm 145:2-5 says,"Every day I will bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable. One generation will praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts. I will speak of the glorious honor of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works."


1. I am so greatful to the Lord for providing for BOTH of our cars to be fixed this past month. Neither fix was in the budget, but God in his mercy, saw fit to provide. This was above and beyond what we imagined in our humanness.


2. I thank God for our FREE vacation to Tennessee in July! Wow! We had a family from our church call us one day and tell us that they couldn't take the vacation they had booked for themselves back in March. So, they said if we wanted to go in their place, that it was ours-already paid for. It was the first REAL vacation we have taken as a family...i.e..not going to visit with family or friends, just going on vacation for vacation's sake! We stayed in a wonderful 2BR,2BA condo with a jacuzzi tub big enough for our whole family plus yours! :) It was restful and wonderful!


3. I thank God that He provided us the money to get to Tennessee for our vacation!


4. I'm thankful that Myra needed some clothes that fit, and I was able to go to Goodwill and get her 7 pairs of pants and 4 shirts (most name brands) for $17!


5. I'm thankful that God provided for Shane to get a suit for the wedding he recently officiated for some friends. We did not know where the money would come from, and God surprised us-once again!


6. I'm thankful that I'm getting more and more photography business.


7. I'm thankful that we are getting lots of yummy acorn squash out of our garden, along with the earlier crops of lettuce, spinach, basil, tomatoes, and cucumbers. There is nothing like fresh grown veggies!


8. I thank the Lord for my parents who took us to the State Fair recently and paid for everything, including ride tickets!


9. I'm thankful that God is expanding the ministry at our church and bringing in faithful workers, who are called to proclaim the Gospel to central Kentucky. We are so blessed to have John and Ashley and Jason and Marri to help expand our children and youth ministries.


10. I'm always thankful for my wonderful family. I will say it again and again-God has given me a wonderful, Godly husband who is dedicated to serving the Lord and following His calling. He leads us so graciously. He is kind and handsome, the love of my life. My children, though trying at times, bring me so much joy. They make me laugh and learn and who can ask for more than those little hugs and kisses?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

May God continue to bless you in such surprising ways.