Saturday, November 13, 2010

Menu Plan for Nov. 15-21, 2010


Well, here's my menu plan for this next week. I like to make my menu plan out a week ahead, so I don't have any last minute planning to do. I find that, otherwise, I'm too tired in the afternoon and it takes twice as much work to figure out what to make. Anyhow, here's my plan for this week-I noticed that some days the kids' snacks are heavy on the carbs, so I will probably switch those up some. I also have lots of cereal and snack foods stocked up from sales, so I'm trying to use some of that up this week. I'm still doing good keeping my grocery budget down. Trying not to spend alot this week, but use up what I have on hand mostly.


(B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner, am-am snack, pm-afternoon snack, N-night snack)


Monday:

B-cereal

am: pears

L-leftovers

pm: crackers and peanut butter

D-Salmon cakes, rice, veggies

n: granola bars (have a few boxes left from (2) B1G1 free coupons)


Tuesday:

B-homemade muesli or oatmeal

am: apples

L-leftover soup, grilled cheese or grilled pb&j, cottage cheese

pm: crunch n much

D-Tuna Fettucine, broccoli

n: crackers and pb or cheese


Wednesday:

B-cereal

am: carrots

L-mac and cheese for kids (Owen's had Annie's organic on sale for .49/box..I bought ten!), leftovers

pm:yogurt

D-Pork burgers, cole slaw

n-homemade soft pretzels


Thursday:

B-oatmeal

am:apples

L-quesadillas on rice tortillas, smoothies

pm:granola bars

D-Turkey (on sale this week for .69/lb at Owen's-this will feed our fam. several meals), mashes sweet potatoes, veggie

n-leftover soft pretzels


Friday:

B-mexican egg scramble, sausage (from local farm)

am:muffins

L-turkey cobb salad with cranberries

pm:pirate booty

D-butternut squash soup, salad

n:granola bars


Saturday:

B-gluten free pumpkin pancakes w/homemade syrup (made with sucanat, not hfcs)

am:?

L-gluten free spaghetti with sauce, organic ravioli (sale item)

pm:muffins

D-turkey hash, veggies

n:homemade popcorn


Sunday:

B-yogurt, fruit

L-turkey sandwiches, fruit and veggies, cottage cheese

D-snacks, homemade popcorn (Sundays we don't eat dinner, we just eat leftovers and snacks)

No comments: